Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh the HORRORS!

Today I got in the car and tuned the radio to my favorite classic rock station in Providence, and guess what they're playing? YES! ALL CHRISTMAS ALL THE TIME and it is NOVEMBER SIXTH! I say STOP THE MADNESS! No wonder we hear of cases of holiday rage! The season seems to start earlier every year. My friend went to get a last-minute Halloween item on Halloween. What was she thinking? They had already switched over to Christmas. Can we get THROUGH Halloween people? Please?

The Christmas season used to start the day after Thanksgiving, but with three of my favorite radio stations going All Christmas All the Time in EARLY November, I say there oughta be a law. Who can I see about this? The FCC? Can they BAN Christmas music prior to Thanksgiving? We need a grass-roots movement. Who's with me? Thank goodness for my iPod and the handy-dandy adapter I bought for my car. Looks like it will be getting a lot of use between now and January 1st—that is if the stations actually go back to business as usual after New Year's Day.

On the plus side, I paid $30 today to fill up my car. Can't remember the last time it was that cheap. That ALMOST took the sting out of the Christmas music. Almost.