Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After

I'm glad (and relieved) that Barack Obama won. I'm hopeful that he'll bring youthful energy and excitement back to our country, two things we badly need. I was touched by the tears rolling down Jesse Jackson's face last night. I'm not a fan of his, but he fought the good fight in the Civil Rights Movement, and I could only imagine what last night meant to him and so many other people who remember a much different America than the one we live in today. I salute John McCain. You can't be an American and not be compelled by his story. And, like most people, I'm glad the longest election EVER is over! During the primaries, my son kept asking me, "Do we have a new President yet?" I would reply, "Not yet, Jake." Over and over I answered that same question. Today, I was finally able to tell him that yes, we have a new President. It's truly a brand new day.

RIP Michael Crichton, creator of ER, one of my all-time favorite T.V. shows. I've hardly missed an episode in 14 years.

I'm reading "Just the Sexiest Man Alive" by Julie James, who I shared a cab with at RWA Nationals this summer. It took a while to get going, but now that the hero and heroine have met, I'm looking forward to some sparks flying!

And I'm working on book two in my romantic suspense series. This book is realllllly making me work for it, but I'm hoping the end result will make it all worthwhile. I'll keep you posted.