Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Reviews...

Today I received my box of author copies of Line of Scrimmage! What a thrill!!! The book looks fabulous. I couldn't be happier to see it after all these months of waiting for it!

Here is what Book Loons had to say about it:

"Marie Force makes a nice debut in Line of Scrimmage. She does a masterful job in Ryan’s characterization: he never backs away from his goal of winning back his wife's love and trust. . . Line of Scrimmage is an enjoyable and often insightful story, especially during those moments when Susannah and Ryan are onstage and working through their differences."

J. Kaye Oldner, my new best friend (LOL), wrote a really nice review on her blog, J. Kaye's Book Blog:

This is what she had to say:
When I read about this book, I was in the mood for a rock-on good romance. There were a couple of things that had me worried though. The first was Ryan Sanderson. He is a successful quarterback for the Denver Mavericks, making it to the Super Bowl three times. So what’s wrong with that? I’m not a sports fan. From the beginning, Force embraces the sport like a fan, but she weaves it into the story with a finesse found in a great story teller.

The second thing that had me concerned was there seemed to be no surprises. Exactly what is read on the back happens in the first quarter of the book. If you read the review from Publishers Weekly, that will take you to about three-fourths of the book. By the time I made it there, I knew how the story would end. Guess what? I didn’t care. My eyes stayed glued to the book and I couldn’t stop reading until it was over.

It was a book that made me laugh as well as cry. The three-dimensional characters were so vivid. I’d have no trouble plucking each one out of a crowd. LINE OF SCRIMMAGE is Marie Force’s first novel. Her next is scheduled to be out in the spring of 2009 and it’s titled SAME TIME SUNDAY. You can bet I’ll be in line to get my copy, because hands down, this is the best romance I’ve read this year.

Thank you, J. Kaye, and to all her friends who are excited about Line of Scrimmage!