1. Seven Secrets of Seduction by Anne Mallory was the first book I read in 2011, and I absolutely adored it because it had all the elements of a great historical romance, was extremely well written and just plain old good fun. In fact I may have to re-read it to end the year!
2. All They Need, One Good Reason, Her Best Friend, The Last Goodbye: Why? Sarah Mayberry. Enough said! If you're not reading her books, why not?
3. What I Did for a Duke & To Love a Thief. Julie Anne Long was a big discovery for me this year, and I loved her Pennyroyal Green Series. Some of the best historical romances I've ever read.
4. After the Fire, On the Line, Nothing More to Lose: Kathryn Shay's firefighting series was spectacular. I loved all three books.
5. Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard, an oldie that I had never read until the R&O Book Club brought it to my attention. Spine-tingling suspense, heart-pounding romance and signature Linda Howard humor all in one "perfect" story. If you haven't read this one, you're missing a classic!
6. Breaking Point by Pamela Clare (brilliant)
7. The Search by Nora Roberts (the best Nora book in years)
8. Treachery in Death and NY to Dallas by J.D. Robb (love me some Eve and Roarke)
9. Summer of Two Wishes by Julia London (beautiful story)
10. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron and Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley (fantastic series).
I also reallllllllly enjoyed my friend Bella Andre's Sullivan Family series, and not just because I'm a Sullivan! :-) I'm also really enjoying In Bed With a Highlander by Maya Banks, which I'm reading now. Looking forward to the other two books in that trilogy, and I LOVE her KGI books.
Okay must stop now. Could go on and on....
Tell me what's on your top 10 list for 2011! What books are you most anticipating in 2012?