Sunday, December 19, 2010

Next Week on Book Club: A Wallflower Christmas

Okay, I am laughing because I REALLY thought this book was new this year, but it was released in 2008. Duh! I wish I'd known about it before now because I really loved it. I adored all the Wallflowers and enjoyed seeing snippets of their happily ever afters in this charming addition to the series. From Lisa Kleypas's website:

Wealthy entrepreneur Rafe Bowman has come to London to marry Lady Natalie, an aristocratic bride who will help to further his ambitions. But two things stand in his way : Lady Natalie's disapproving companion Hannah . . . and Rafe's passion for a woman he should not want and can never have . . .

I loved that the wealthy American had his eye on the companion rather than the high-society woman everyone expected him to marry. I've said before, and I'll probably say it again: if Lisa Kleypas wrote the phone book, I'd want to read it. She's that good. So come on over to book club on Thursday, Dec. 23, to talk about A Wallflower Christmas. I know we're all busy with holiday prep, but this book is just what we need to put us all in the mood for our own happy holidays!