Sunday, July 5, 2009

Love at First Flight A Review Top Pick with Night Owl Romance

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters came alive and you truly could see and understand the conflicts and power plays that were happening. The story had a fullness about it as it encompassed two careers and two people’s friends and families. There was a real feel to the story and scenes that reinforced that feeling. Things didn’t randomly happen to move the story along but happened within the story in a logical manner.

The characters were terrific. Juliana had security in Jeremy. She needed that security and leaving it was tearing her apart. She was attracted to Michael but felt a loyalty and commitment to Jeremy. This came across extremely well. Michael came across as a guy that knew what he wanted but was willing to compromise for those he loved. He wants to do the right thing and is willing to put himself out to do it. While he is willing to work with those he loves, he is not willing to let them run his life. This comes across with his relationship with Paige and with his family. Jeremy and Paige aren’t even written poorly. Each comes across as a complex character with issues and desires. Their interactions with Juliana and Michael are normal reactions to the situations they find themselves in.

This isn’t just a romance novel or a legal story or any other classification but a mixture of many that cannot be separated. It’s a fantastic mix of romance against a legal story with danger lurking around every corner. There are high-speed car rides as well as romantic dinners with walks along the beach. An assassin comes into play as well as a teenage witness. It’s a book that should interest a broad spectrum of readers.

Read the full review.

7 comments:

Judy F said...

congrats on another great review.

Happy day after the 4th.

Mary G said...

Hi Marie
Just finished Love at First Flight.
Loved it as much as Line of Scrimmage. I'll be honest - I was pretty pissed off when Jules went back to Jeremy but I should have known that you know what you're doing. Good save!!! Can't wait for more from you. Left you a note at Julie James blog while I was still in the middle of the book. Love your t-shirt comment. Best wishes with this book.

Mary G said...

forgot - It's pretty cool that you were born in the same place as the Tennis Hall of Fame. Love to go there one day.

authorjuliejames said...

Ooh... a legal backdrop. My favorite. (Admittedly, I'm a little biased with that.) ;-) Can't wait to pick this up. Congrats on the great review!

diva donna said...

Marie,
I didn't think I'd love anyone as much as I loved Ryan Sanderson.
But I do love,love Michael and his deep, neverending love for Jules.
You really wrote another wonderful book. Right off the bat. I wasn't so sure about Jules and Jamie.
I thought that whole Sherrie thing and the 3 month separation. "This is weird." But I quickly changed my mind and understood Jules security issue and clinging to that safe 10 yr. relationship. But that didn't stop me from screaming and cursing you. "No No!!!!Jules , you can't do this to Michael." But, You redeemed yourself. I took the book out of the trash and finished it.
It was a great story. I liked the way you mixed in all the romance. the jobs, the danger, the murder trial, the witness, the suspence, the city, the scenery, the family relationships. It was so real.
Marie, you wrote another great love story. I was so happy at the end. It's another real winner. You're still AWESOME!!!!

Cheryl Brooks said...

I'm still laughing at Donna's taking the book out of the trash comment. What a hoot! The thing that got me was how abruptly they both ended their previous engagements. I thought, "These people are too unforgiving. I don't see how they can ever find love." But they did, and that's the beauty of it.

diva donna said...

Marie,
Did you have someone in your head for Micheal and Jules when you wrote it?
Because from the beginning I pictured as I read. The Jag Stars. Harm was good in the court room.
David James Elliott and Catherine Bell.