Sunday, September 14, 2008

Line of Scrimmage Is Launched!

On Friday night, I officially launched Line of Scrimmage with a party for my friends and family in Newport, Rhode Island. We sold more than 100 books and I had my first case of book signing writer's cramp! Before I was published, I had a lot of help and support from a wide circle of friends who kept me going when I wondered if I would ever get "The Call." I wanted to be sure these special supporters stood out in the crowd, so I had purple T-shirts made with the book cover and the 09.01.08 date on the front and my character's name and number on the back: Sanderson, 18. The shirts were purple and the lettering yellow because those are the Denver Mavericks team colors in the book. Ryan wears number 18 because both my kids were born on the 18th of the month and I finished my first book on the 18th.

In honor of Ryan's character in Line of Scrimmage, we wore cowboy hats and boots. We had a few extra T-shirts that we raffled off for donations to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. I'm pleased to report that we raised $500 and a donation will be made in my mother's memory to PanCAN. Thanks to everyone who came to the party, including the friends and cousins who flew in to share in my big day. It was a great night and one my family and I will always remember!

5 comments:

Judi Fennell said...

Marie!!!! I'm so thrilled for you, but you, my dear, are an evil evil woman!

How DARE you write an un-put-down-able novel while I'm trying desperately to finish my second book??? Honestly, I'd promised myself I'd wait until I'd finished Whale of a Tail to read LOS as my incentive, but then, today, I was in Borders and they only had one copy left so I bought it, b/c I'll be finished soon (had hoped to finish tonight) and wanted it on hand to read it.

So, there I was, with brain overload from a scene I'd just written and I thought, "I'll just take a peek."

Okay, TWO HOURS later, Borders was closing and I had to leave and it's right after Ryan's press coverage and I don't want to put the book down!!!!

I had to go home and be Mom, Wife, Working Woman Judi, but I stopped to read my email and let you know how much I'm enjoying the story.

but could you, ya know, NOT write such wonderful H/h so I won't be so caught up in their story that I can't work on my own until I know how it ends????!!!!!

No WONDER you sold over 100 books. I predict big things for this book!

Marie Force said...

Judi,
You crack me up! That's such a HUGE compliment coming from another writer. I'm sorry Ryan and Susannah interrupted your much-needed work time, but I think you needed a break. My people and I are happy you chose to spend your precious alone time with us! I hope you enjoy the rest!
xo
Marie

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Hi Marie,
Just letting you know I have finished LOC. I posted a little on my blog about what I thought of your novel.:)

It was a great read, thank you.

Suzanne

Judi Fennell said...

Figured I should come back and say the ending lived up to the rest of the book and I'm adding you to my Must-Read author list.

Thank you, ma'am!

Marie Force said...

I paid Judi to say all this nice stuff LOL! Thank you Judi!