Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Romance & Oreos Book Club: First Meeting Nov. 11

Whoo hooo!!!!! Time for some fun and Oreos every Thursday here on the blog. We're starting a Book Club, and I couldn't be more excited! Since so many of the Facebook gang are currently reading Happy Ever After, we'll feature that one first. It's the fourth book in Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet. If you haven't read the other three, I recommend them. I've enjoyed the first three tremendously, and you all know I'm eagerly looking forward to finishing Fatal Consequences so I can dive into the new book! I've really been looking forward to Parker's story because, of the four women, she's the one I most relate to. She sleeps with her BlackBerry. I might've done that. Once. Or maybe twice. I have not, however, EVER actually SLEPT with Mr. Oreo, just for the record... The discussion will begin at 6 a.m. on November 11, 2010. Hope to see you there!

About the Featured Book
As the public face of Vows wedding planning company, Parker Brown has an uncanny knack for fulfilling every bride's vision. She just can't see where her own life is headed. Mechanic Malcomb Kavanaugh loves figuring out how things work, and Parker is no exception. Both know that moving from minor flirtation to major hook-up is a serious step. Parker's business risks have always paid off, but now she'll have to take the chance of a lifetime with her heart...

Couple of ground rules:
1. Come for the books, stay for the Oreos. Don't like the book? Be kind. Even if it didn't work for you, an author worked really hard on it, and our discussions should come from a place of respect for the author. :-) Gotta take care of my fellow authors!

2. Don't get around to reading the book the same week we do? No problem! Pop in whenever you finish and re-start the conversation!

3. Have a suggestion for a future Book Club Book? Email me at marie@marieforce.com to choose a week to be our hostess! I reserve the right to determine if a book is not going to appeal to the larger group, and I may ask you to choose a different one.

4. Have an author friend who'd like to visit our book club? Let me know and we'll invite them over!

Can't wait for our first meeting, Thursday, November 11, 2010!